Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Family trip at Christmas with a baby. Which 2 locations in Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,
Our family is trying to figure out a Christmas destination and I'm hoping you can help. We are 5 adults and a 7 month old baby. Our son and daughter-in-law live near Berlin and so we are thinking of meeting in Spain. Our adult daughter is coming from the west coast of the US, as are we. We can all easily get to the Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, or Valencia airports. We think two destinations are plenty (we have 8 nights - in on the 18th, then onto Berlin on the 26th). Considering these options:
1. Malaga & Seville. Is Malaga an interesting destination for a few days? Seville has always looked wonderful to me.
2. Madrid. But with a baby is it too cold in December?
3. We are also considering Barcelona & Valencia, but our daughter spent time in Barcelona and isn't interested in going back. But Valencia and Tarragona also seem appealing to me. Are they worth spending a few days in?

Are there other destinations in Spain we've overlooked? It would be easy to do, as I've not been to Spain. Past years we've spent Christmas in Paris + Rome; Rennes + Paris; Bruges + Lille + Ghent (that was too much moving around for us); and Sicily. We are trying to minimize moving around with a 7-month old and so we don't want to arrive, only to get on a train to get somewhere else. We'd like to fly in and stay a few days, then go onto a second location.
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

More info on our interests: museums, art, archaeology, walking, shopping at the food markets for dinner back at a rental. Food and wine. History. Getting to know what makes a place unique. With a baby we won't be out at the bars but looking forward to some nice lunches in the afternoon.
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 07:16 PM

Personally, I would choose Malaga and Seville (perhaps fly into Malaga and onwards to Berlin from Seville, with a train or bus between the two). I'd prefer more time in Seville than Malaga if that's possible (8 days in Seville would be great too).

I am seriously jealous of you being able to spend Christmas with family in such amazing locations.
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you dreamon - that is helpful. Yes, we've been lucky.