CDG hotel for early morning departure flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2022, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking we will be happiest if we stay at a hotel near the airport (CDG) night before our early morning transatlantic flight out. We're staying in an apartment in the 5th and in years past have arranged taxis for our trip to the airport - with mixed results, Not a great experience out on the street trying to find a taxi at the crack of dawn when yours doesn't show up.

Anyone have a suggestion for a hotel with good shuttle service to the airport? I've been looking at reviews for airport hotels and seems like the reliability of the shuttles are not the greatest. Maybe we should just consider a taxi from an airport hotel?
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 09:55 AM

We are staying at the Citizen M at CDG in October, our hotel is in the 5th arr and while at the RER B, will take too long for our morning flight. Stayed there few years back, and enjoyed the vibe. You walk a block into the terminal, no shuttles needed.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 11:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are a number of hotels at Roissypôle, which is at the CDGVal Terminal 1 station. The CDGVal will get you anywhere else at the airport, even extremely early.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 01:29 PM
twk

I assume that you are looking for more affordable lodging that inside the airport? We stayed at the Sheraton that is attached to Terminal 2 and I thought it was well worth paying a little extra to just walk into the terminal from the hotel on the morning of our flight.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twk
I assume that you are looking for more affordable lodging that inside the airport? We stayed at the Sheraton that is attached to Terminal 2 and I thought it was well worth paying a little extra to just walk into the terminal from the hotel on the morning of our flight.
We stayed at the Sheraton at CDG for an early departure - they didn't open the entry to the terminal until 6:30 am - and we needed to check in before that. We were unhappily surprised and had to scramble to get all around the building to the outside terminal entrance. Thought we weren't going to make it on time. Never again.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second Citizen M.
If I recall correctly, you walk out the door, cross a 2-lane street, walk up an incline about 200', into an airport building, walk about 75' across the concourse to the door of the tram to the terminal for CDG-USA flights. 2 minute tram trip, bingo.
Nice hotel; neat feature-set your own temp on shower (I like 104); electronic window shades controlled by an I-pad. Good food. Been twice.

How's my recollection, aliced, accurate?
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 01:45 PM

We stayed at the Ibis at Charlie de Gaulle. It is just a few stops on the shuttle. Lovely pizza restaurant there too. Very convenient and decent price.
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annettehol5561
We stayed at the Ibis at Charlie de Gaulle. It is just a few stops on the shuttle. Lovely pizza restaurant there too. Very convenient and decent price.
Just reserved a room there. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 03:56 PM

Stayed at the Ibis CDG, perfectly decent, convenient hotel with easy transportation to the terminals. Good choice.
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Any updates to this thread? I was just doing a search on this very subject, since I booked a flight out of T-2 on AF to LAX that leaves at 10:30 a.m. I would have taken the later flight, but a biz class ticket was twice the price!

The 3 properties mentioned all seem great, but this goes back 1 1/2 years!
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 03:42 PM

I recently booked the Sheraton - which is at Term 2 where AF de[arts from.

Stu Dudley
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 12:24 AM

Don't forget the hotels close to the RER station Villepinte Parc des Expositions (Ibis Styles, Kyriad, etc.).
RER trains to the airport about every 5-10 minutes. Journey time about 5 min.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 02:42 AM

For a 10:30 flight, I would rather stay in Paris. Even if you don't like early wake-up, you will have plenty of time to recover, especially in business class.
When I am booked on such flight, I usually leave home around 6:30 - 7:00 (my nominal travel time is 1:15 from home to CDG2E). With one bag, metro+RER is the most convenient way to go to CDG. It is before the peak time and leaving early gives a comfortable margin if something goes wrong on the RER. I always check beforehand if there are planned works and, just before leaving, I check their Twitter "RER B" to make sure nothing serious is going on.

Last edited by rouelan; Mar 3rd, 2024 at 03:28 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
The 3 properties mentioned all seem great, but this goes back 1 1/2 years!
And they’re still great. A review a year, year & a half ago is recent enough in my view. Otherwise look at TA reviews if you need something more recent.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The Ibis at Roissypôle is a very wise choice. The CDGVal starts at 4 a.m. and will get you to any terminal in a few minutes. If all you need is a comfortable bed in a basic room, the Ibis is perfect. Some people, however, decide that they need luxury for some reason.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 10:55 AM

We have stayed overnight at the Ibis CDG the last three times we had morning departures. The beds are always comfortable and it's at most a 1-2 minute walk into the terminal where you catch the CDGVal interterminal shuttle. Our night there last October was €120.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 12:31 PM

Going back some time we stayed at the Novotel. While I won't comment on how well it is turned out or the food, as I guess those are things that can change in 18 months, the location was super. It is right next door to the RER and you can wheel your bags from the hotel to the RER to the airport. We really enjoyed staying there and the price was good too.

Lavandula
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 11:13 PM

Just beware that, for some of the names quoted, there may be several properties in the CDG area (same or similar names, like Ibis, Ibis style or Ibis budget).
most recommendations are for the properties located at Roissypole (walking distance from CDG1 RER station) apart from Sheraton (inside CDG2).
Other properties would require to take an hotel shuttle (except Hilton also at Roissypole)

Needless to say but wherever you stay, don't expect any kind of entertainment or amenities outside your hotel past 8 pm. Another reason why, unless I have no choice (overnight connection, flight departing at 7am...), I don't stay in CDG
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 12:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
rouelan, I hear you. That is definitely what I usually do, but in June, 2022, we got to CDG 5 hours in advance of our flight back to LA; had biz class, figuring we could spend time in the AF lounge, and barely made the plane, with no time to get to the lounge.
It was the year the skies had opened up again, creating long lines at most European airports, but the biggest issue was that check-in got evacuated for over an hour due to an unclaimed bag . . . after standing in the Biz class check in for over an hour! And . . . we had to go through two security check-points. An unusual series of events, to be sure. Although I'd do practically anything to avoid being stuck doing nothing after 8 p.m., I've had to refocus my priorities after that last trip out of CDG where I had to drop Plan A, B, and C and pray.

As for the Ibis, I was thinking that would be the best option until I read a review from January 2024 with one traveler complaining about the bed bugs.
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 01:13 PM

What's wrong with staying at the Sheraton? I assume you are flying AF to LA. Pre COVID, we ended our month stay in France visiting the chateaux southeast of Paris, returned the car at CDG, & walked to the Sheraton. Had very nice dinner at 8:00 in their restaurant. Not sure the same restaurant is still at the Sheraton - but it's a good way to spend 2 hrs before bed time.

We've only visited the AF Business lounge in the morning before a flight - and the food was horrible and very un-interesting.

Stu Dudley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -