Search

Flying direct from Amman to Casablanca

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2023, 11:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying direct from Amman to Casablanca

Hi, fellow Fodorites,
My wife and I have planned an Egypt/Jordan tour in October next year and were hoping to fly to Morocco after that tour. A general Google search indicated that there were 400 direct flights from Amman to Casablanca each week, but that is clearly not the case. I have tried various airlines as well as a number of "best flight deals" apps and have yet to find any direct flights at all.
Can anyone shed more light on the availability of a direct flight, preferably on Sunday, October 27 2024 please?

Also, due to time constraints, we would also appreciate a few suggestions for an organised tour (12-16 days or so) visiting Casablanca, Marrakesh, Rabat and Fes is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old Nov 18th, 2023, 12:04 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
It seems you are trying to find non-stop flights ('direct' and 'non-stop' are not the same thing). AFAIK there are no non-stops -- lots of connecting options (through Cairo, Madrid, Kuwait, Istanbul, Dubai and several others.
Old Nov 18th, 2023, 12:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Janisj, thank you so much for the prompt response. Well, you live and learn. I have learned something new today! I most certainly thought that non-stop and direct were synonymous. Thank you so much for the clarification. I will need to do a lot more investigation because, looking at the map, I thought Amman to Casablanca should not take up to 16 or so hours. With a layover, it will.
Old Nov 18th, 2023, 04:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back in 2009 I did an Intrepid "Comfort" level tour of Morocco - see: Tasty tagines and mobbed medinas - a Moroccan medley

If you just want to do the cities I would say you don't need a tour, but I thought visiting the desert solo might be difficult and expensive. I did do Rabat, Essaouira and some time in Marrakesh on my own.

BTW, skyscanner says you can do that flight on that date in nine hours ten minutes on EgyptAir, stop in Cairo but it's probably a bit early to be planning flights. Why don't you do Jordan first and then Egypt?