Search

Rome hotels or apartment

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2024, 11:44 AM
P_M
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome hotels or apartment

M6 sister and I will have 3 nights in Rome after a cruise. This will be in late June/early July so a good a/c is a must. We hope to stay under €300/night and we need 2 beds. A 2 bedroom apartment would be great but we might not get that in our budget. I hope we can stay in Monti or Navona, but Termini might be OK. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 12:34 PM

I was going to suggest Monte Giordano Flats, just west of Piazza Navona, because it would have been under your budget and one if the apartments is a great 2-bedroom/2-bath. Unfortunately, when I put in your dates, they don't have availability. With this short notice, you might find it difficult to find what you want. I would go to booking.com, put in your requirements, and see what comes up. Maybe put in both hotels and apartments in your filters to have more to choose from. Good luck!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For three nights, I would definitely pick a hotel. Have you trawled booking.com yet? I did just check some of my faves and one (Hotel Nerva) is over your budget for late June and another (Hotel Raffaello) has no availability. Another hotel I like--Donna Camilla Savelli--has availability in your price range, however it is in Trastevere. I prefer being located outside the busiest/most crowded parts of Rome, but it sounds like you want to be closer in.

Good luck--you will find something!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 03:33 PM

We liked Inn Urbe Colosseo B&B in Monti, well within your price range for end of June/early July. You’d have to confirm with them whether the king size bed can be separated into twins. Or you could each take a room? The base rate is €150 but with taxes I guess two rooms would be just over €300. Breakfast is included.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:33 PM
P_M
Original Poster

Hi all, and thanks for the ideas. I have looked at booking.com and I'm overwhelmed. I will check out these places you have mentioned. FTOttowa, having separate rooms does sound nice, for that price. I'll look at Hotel Nerva too.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:39 PM

If you are overwhelmed with the results on booking.com, add more filters to narrow the search. This might help.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:47 PM
P_M
Original Poster

Will do, thanks.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 07:13 PM

We loved this place a few years back with our niece. Owner is a flight attendant, has it stocked with everything you could possibly want. It is literally across the street from a metro station (Cipro) and a block down from the famous Bounci's pizza. I just did a quick check and it looks like 28 Jun-1 July is open.
Old May 4th, 2024, 04:21 AM
P_M
Original Poster

Good morning Seamus. That place looks amazing!! Unfortunately I didn't post my dates. We will be there from June 29 through July 2, and it's already booked on the night of July 1. Thanks for the idea, I hope this will help someone else who's watching this thread.
Old May 4th, 2024, 04:40 AM

We're spending two nights in Rome in late May. We're staying at the Domus Paolina. This is a bit west of Piazza Navona, in an area that we like. Previously we had reserved at the Maison dell' Orologio, in the same area, but we had to change our dates and they were booked.

I found these on Booking.com. They are both apartments. I'll try to remember to check back after our stay. In any case, they both had good reviews. I think they both had air conditioning.
​​​​​
Old May 4th, 2024, 09:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Three nights is too short a time to deal with an apartment. Get a hotel room or two.
Old May 5th, 2024, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by HappyTrvlr
Three nights is too short a time to deal with an apartment. Get a hotel room or two.
There aren't many hotels in the area where we wanted to stay, and they were all very expensive.

We don't have to make any complicated check-in arrangements, or pay with cash. Since we'll only be in Rome for two nights, housekeeping isn't an issue. We won't be doing any cooking, but we may eat some meals there. My daughter has multiple allergies, making it difficult to find a suitable restaurant, so it's convenient to have a fridge where she can store some things she can eat.

The two apartments I mentioned are basically as convenient as hotels. My daughter and I both know Rome well. For a first-time visitor, I always recommend a hotel, because the support offered at the front desk is invaluable.